3,167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
lleisgar
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 3:52:56 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the draciary, ever grande - 

it is technically her day off. she leans against scaled hide and flexes her fingers. the cave is dimly lit; sunlight normally slants its way into the abode, especially as high as this one is, but storm clouds drift omnipresent above them, blanketing ever grande in a gray swell. 

the rain is thick and heavy. her skin is wet, hair damp. most of her braids are undone; only the thin strands that hold her mega stones remain. 

lyune's clutch is gone, the bedding removed. one is in the care of her cousin, the other her dear friend and student. his mate has moved off and now only he remains, head against her side, his long neck twisted around her back. she traces her fingers over the red ridges on his brow. 

lightning crawls through the sky. emails sit in her inbox, unanswered. a report had been filed, delivered to the desks of her colleagues on the council, but she hadn't done any follow-up. not with paxton and not with illie. not when she can't face the god herself.

lyune cracks open one eye and freya stirs, drawn from her thoughts.
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-seven
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Pokémon Ranger
Cadet
Single
6'00" height
6'00" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
531 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
lleisgar
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2024 18:11:55 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[attr="class","pkmnlgndstxt"]

[attr="class","pkmnlgndsicon"]
A silhouette emerged at the mouth of the cave, casting an even darker shadow within the already dim-lit cavern, yet bringing a different kind of light. Roy's arrival was as unassuming and casual as ever, hands tucked in his pockets, though he seemed incomplete without his reptilian brother.

He paused, taking in the scene before him. Memories of the cavern's vibrant past, once filled with the lively chirps of hatchlings, clashed with the somber reality it held now. The weight of the moment pressed on him, making the right words elusive. Freya was his anchor, and while he longed to be hers, the responsibility felt overwhelming.

"Freya," he began, his voice breaking the ambient sound of rain, "you can't be like this. Not now." Even as the words left his mouth, he regretted them, wishing he could convey his concern more gently, but he knew no other way to reach her.

[attr="class","pkmnlgndstag"]

[attr="class","pkmnlgndspkmn"]

[googlefont=Finger Paint][googlefont=Lato]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsbg] position: absolute; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndstxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; border-style: solid; padding: 30px; font:12px Lato;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndstxt b]text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; color: #d5a03a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsicon] width: 120px; height: 120px; margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 8px solid; border-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/vsQKPBX.png) 16 round; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; [/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsicon img]width: 120px; height: 120px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pkmnlgndstxt .vdice-box]margin-bottom:-12px; border:1px solid #aaa; background-color:transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndstxt .vdice-value]border:none; background:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsdice]font:bold 20px Poppins, serif; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndstag]text-align:center; line-height: 10px; margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndstag a]text-align:center; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pkmnlgndsnote]border: 8px solid; border-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/vsQKPBX.png) 16 round; text-align: justify; font:11px Calibri; letter-spacing:1px; box-sizing: border-box; padding: 10px; margin:auto;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pkmnlgndstxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndstxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pkmnlgndspkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndspkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndspkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pkmnlgndsart]height:100px; width: 349px; overflow: hidden; text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px; border: 8px solid; border-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/P0sZrkd.png) 20 round;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsart img]height:100px; width: 349px; object-fit:cover; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsartdrk]height:100px; width: 349px; background:#303030; margin-top:-103px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten; [/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsartlght]height:100px; width: 349px; background:#aaa; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
lleisgar
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2024 1:16:04 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

i'm to be left alone, she told her staff before she entered the haven, but her eyes held within them a maelstrom, her figure a battlefield of windswept plains and hurricanes. there may have been others they've turned away, but him?

the humming in the back of her head is a calling keen that has only grown louder with each passing night that she staves off the inevitable, prideful and willful ignorance carrying her through the sleepless nights, the primordial hunger, the itching of her skin. 

she gathers herself to standing. lyune stays curled, one eye cracked open to stare at the intruder. lightning cracks behind him, lighting his silhouette at the mouth of the cave, and the beds of her nails itch once more.

"have i not earned a moment of respite?" she seethes. "whatever my attendants may have said, i am fine."

lyune startles her with a snarl and a cross thump of his thick tail against the cave wall. she runs her tongue along her teeth and considers her draconid kin. 

bitterly, she admits: "i am rayquaza's new chosen."
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-seven
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Pokémon Ranger
Cadet
Single
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
531 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
lleisgar
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2024 21:51:27 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

Despite his often rough demeanor, Roy struggled to keep his emotions in check. Every instinct screamed to lash out, to jolt his cousin from the dark spiral she was trapped in. He had important news to share, but he couldn’t do it while she was like this. He needed a way to snap her out of her despair.

"And what's wrong with that?" he barked, his voice echoing harshly off the cavern walls. "The great councilwoman finally has the world at her fingertips, and this is where she ends up?" He gestured around the dreary cave, ignoring Lyune's presence. His frustration was clear, but beneath it was a deep well of empathy. He didn't fully grasp the complexities of Freya's relationship with Eva, but he knew it was significant.

[newclass=.pkmnlgndsbg] position: absolute; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndstxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; border-style: solid; padding: 30px; font:12px Lato;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndstxt b]text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; color: #d5a03a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsicon] width: 120px; height: 120px; margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 8px solid; border-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/vsQKPBX.png) 16 round; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; [/newclass]

[newclass=.pkmnlgndstxt .vdice-box]margin-bottom:-12px; border:1px solid #aaa; background-color:transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsdice]font:bold 20px Poppins, serif; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndstag]text-align:center; line-height: 10px; margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndstag a]text-align:center; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pkmnlgndsnote]border: 8px solid; border-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/vsQKPBX.png) 16 round; text-align: justify; font:11px Calibri; letter-spacing:1px; box-sizing: border-box; padding: 10px; margin:auto;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pkmnlgndstxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pkmnlgndspkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndspkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndspkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pkmnlgndsart]height:100px; width: 349px; overflow: hidden; text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px; border: 8px solid; border-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/P0sZrkd.png) 20 round;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsart img]height:100px; width: 349px; object-fit:cover; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsartdrk]height:100px; width: 349px; background:#303030; margin-top:-103px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten; [/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsartlght]height:100px; width: 349px; background:#aaa; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
lleisgar
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2024 1:14:01 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

freya flinches and then consequently bristles, lips curling to show her teeth. anger snakes through her, hot and red. how dare he pretend to know her. how dare he think he understand any of this. any of what it means. 

i was almost happy. 

"you think this is freedom?" she says. the rain comes down harder and each strike of lightning in the sky is a footfall bringing her closer to her kin.

she sucks in a breath and tries to choke it down, but it comes out in a downpour. 

"was it the world that was offered to me when tapu fini outstretched her hand? when i scorned her and she retaliated with violence? half a dozen dragons dead in the water and why? because i dared defy a god's gift.

"avatarship. i have seen the way it warps the soul. i have witnessed the way it breaks you, and i - i cannot break. not now. not with so much at stake."
 her words warble at the end, fire extinguished by the monsoon. 
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-seven
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Pokémon Ranger
Cadet
Single
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
531 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
lleisgar
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2024 15:32:36 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

"You won't break," Roy responded instinctively, the words escaping before he could fully consider them. "I know you won't." In his mind, Freya was far too strong to crumble under the pressure. She reminded him of his mother, resilient and strong. Avatarship might bend and break others, but to Roy, Freya was uniquely suited for this role. The only thing holding her back was herself.

He closed his eyes briefly, clenching his teeth as he struggled to contain his frustrations. Seeing Freya like this was unbearable, and finding the right words to pull her out of this rut felt increasingly difficult.

"Someone wise once told me that we needed to turn the impossible into the improbable. Now that you have the impossible in your grasp, you're ready to give it up. Why?" He paused, searching for the right words. "You might not want all of this, but you were meant for it. The world needs it. The League needs it. I need it." He gestured with his hand, encompassing everyone who depended on her strength.

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
lleisgar
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2024 16:54:32 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

you were meant for it.

half-lidded emerald eyes had looked upon her, lips blue from the cold, and she had said, i'm glad it's you. it's your birthright. but that same woman, whom their god had abandoned, was wearing an open wound, dripping blood from the bits of her soul that had been torn away in the process. 

she remembers herself as she was, a piteous, starving thing, lusting after a higher power if only to not feel so infinitesimal. it is a spectre she cannot shake, a past she is so adamantly fearful might be her future, might yet become her present. 

stubborn pride makes her want to throw up more defenses in front of his insistence. they're too alike in that way. too combustible. why? he asks and she thinks because i am not strong enough to do this alone.

more thunder. the rain hardens. stinging nettles of hail clatter outside the mouth of the cave and she grimaces, trying to steel herself as lyune hauls himself to all fours. his large head pushes against her back and she stumbles forward, closer to her cousin.

i don't have to do it alone. she told cygne, while the tide pools swirled around them - we're not dragons. the first thing we do when we're born? we cry. we ask for help. that's strength, i think. knowing when to ask. knowing that you should. admittedly, i'm...quite bad at it.*

her teeth grit. she stretches her jaw. "i can't face them alone. come with me. now."
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-seven
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Pokémon Ranger
Cadet
Single
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
531 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
lleisgar
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2024 17:28:56 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

"To where?" Roy wondered. His mind raced through countless possibilities in mere seconds. His pause wasn't born of hesitation but of curiosity. He was ready to drop everything to help her. He needed her. The world needed her. In some ways, being part of the equation made him feel like a hero.

"Where to?" he asked, stepping forward with determination. Despite not knowing what lay ahead, he felt confident in his choice. His frustration stemmed from her lack of confidence, which felt like a personal affront. He had chosen her as his role model, and if she failed, it meant he had failed in picking someone to look up to. Now that his cousin sounded brave, Roy was ready to follow.

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
lleisgar
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2024 18:32:27 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"through the storm," she says cryptically and lyune lowers his head. freya pitches her heel against his hard scales and hauls herself up his neck. her hand stretches back down, mouth set in a firm line, anticipation roiling in her belly.

it was inevitable. she had always known it was inevitable.

but now it feels possible, probable, with her kol here. whether he joins her on lyune or soars beside her on balmung, they explode with purpose out from the side of the dome, up into the sky, where lightning arcs and hail rains down upon them.

lyune's wings, whole and healthy, beat towards the west, taking them over land and sea, where pressure mounts and the soul is drawn. a pillar, wreathed in fog, beckons them home.

sky pillar.
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-seven
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Pokémon Ranger
Cadet
Single
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
531 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
lleisgar
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2024 17:33:42 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

Without a command, Balmung is beckoned from his pocket. As Freya mounted Lyune, Roy quickly followed suit, climbing onto his own dragon. She led the charge out of the draciary, and Roy maintained a steady pace behind her. The storm's rain had little effect on the fire-type, as Balmung's tail flame turned the drops into steam. Roy held on firmly, accepting the stinging sensation of the rain against his skin.

Though Roy didn't know their destination, he trusted Freya completely and continued to follow her through the storm. His mind raced with thoughts until the thick clouds parted, revealing a towering structure ahead.

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
lleisgar
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2024 19:49:48 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

and in the hail, she sees another self, spiraling alongside the man and his charizard, laughter between them as they chase a golden-haired woman with eyes as green as her patron's scales. balmung's tail burns brightly and she blinks water from her eyes, looking forward, finding only an empty space where eva ought to be. 

the hail becomes wet sleet, slanting to the side, and lyune tucks his wings, warded away from the top of the spire and towards an opening at its middle. his claws scrape against ancient stone. after freya dismounts, he shakes the wetness from his wings, folding them neatly against his back.

thunder peals, joining a roar deep enough to shake her to the bone. she stares upward, grasping the rail, ghosting her hands across the grooves their ancestors have left in their wake.

"they're waiting above. roy," she says, and her eyes glow dimly in the light, "do you feel it?

"wer docar persvek wer seoyl."
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-seven
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Pokémon Ranger
Cadet
Single
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
531 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
lleisgar
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2024 18:38:02 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

Roy's eyes followed Freya's gaze, momentarily lost in the memory she seemed to be chasing. Balmung's tail flame flickered brighter, casting brief shadows in the storm. He blinked away the rain, focusing on the here and now as they approached the legendary Sky Pillar.

The hail turned to sleet, and Lyune angled towards an opening midway up the spire. Balmung followed closely, claws gripping the ancient stone. As Freya dismounted, Roy landed and quickly joined her, the storm's fury roaring around their introduction.

Freya's words resonated with him, the glow in her eyes reflecting the exact determination he desired from her. He grasped the ancient wall, feeling the etchings left by their ancestors with his fingertips. The weight of their legacy pressed on him, but he found strength in it. With a subtle nod to her question, he was ready to follow

"Let's not keep them waiting."

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
lleisgar
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2024 21:04:08 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

as that slithering language falls past her wet lips, another roar is met in kind. she takes a step and hears the echoes of thousands of others matching her stride - sneakers, greaves, moccasins, bare skin, and in her ears are reverent prayers, tinted gold.

you have been alive since the dawn of what we remember. another floor, a breeze at her heels, her hair spun over her shoulders, pulled by the wind. you have taken my memories. a snarl, a shaking of the very foundations of this sacred place. no, not taken. safeguarded. breathed upon me a vast expanse of nothingness.

i am no longer too small to contain myself.

her sclera darkens to pitch and her last step is a stumble out into the open, hand searching for purchase on the one person left to share her name.

the rain stops all at once. the fog thins and through the billowing white radiate golden rings. she holds fast and she whispers, "si mi thric drongilt tesantamaso." purple fire races towards the two draconids, skittering over the ground, burning the last wisps of mist that stand between them.

rayquaza arches their neck down, humming lowly and far beneath the spire, violent waves crash against the shore. they wait for her, head bowed. her eyes are that of the dragon's when she looks upon her cousin, and when she crosses the distance she feels those echoes again, palm pressing with the chorus of the hundreds of years before her, and the hundreds of years that will come after.

and it is not of her own volition that her mouth contorts, that the rough scrape of the ancient tongue worms its way up her throat. rayquaza's maw parts and past her teeth tumble a centuries'-old voice - 

"hesi seoyl ui ir."
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-seven
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Pokémon Ranger
Cadet
Single
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
531 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
lleisgar
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2024 21:19:49 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

Roy stood transfixed, his heart pounding as the draconic words echoed around him. The air was thick with ancient power, and the sight of Rayquaza bowing before Freya was both terrifying and awe-inspiring. His mind flashed back to the shadow of Rayquaza he had seen, belonging to an alternate universe version of Freya.

The history of Sky Pillar and his ancestors pressed down on him, mingling with his fear and wonder. He had always revered this place, but witnessing his cousin's transformation and hearing Rayquaza's ancient voice made it all the more real. It was as if his culture had come to life before him.

He took a step closer, feeling the echoes of the past resonate within him. "This is... incredible."

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
lleisgar
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2024 22:26:22 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

roy takes a step closer and the ink in freya's eyes clears. she blinks, as though waking from a dream, and then she presses her forehead to the dragon's tipped snout. its marking burns like a halo above her. 

she smiles, drifts to the side, trailing her fingertips across an emerald sea. rayquaza shifts their head so their gaze, content now, can shift to roy. their maw parts, tongue tasting the air, the blood in his veins. 

"you can feel the fire on their scales," she whispers, knuckles trailing down one of their fins.

"but i don't know if it will be enough." a low growl of warning, narrowing of the eyes. the corner of her lips quirk. even the god of dragons cannot swallow their pride. "i need you. we need you."

with the fog cleared, the rain lifted, the sea stretches all around them, glittering in the low light of dusk. in the distance, sootopolis breaks the horizon. 

"there's a ranger by the name of ." they've always been ships passing in the draciary. "he's looking for latios and latias. i think...i think maybe you can do what i could not."

how many moons ago had she rubbed the etchings from the cave of origin? how long had she tracked them to the veil of their hiding place? only to fail them, lose them, and lose herself. 

"help him find them. for us. for hoenn."
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP